Thursday, February 14, 2013

Winter Session Trip To Japan!


Linoleum Block Prints
on Handmade Japanese Washi!!


By the whirlpools in Japan!



Cutting down the Kozo Trees



Kozo (Mulberry Trees)



You couldn't stop us cutting!... Until they said stop cutting. 


A day's haul



Stripping the Bark


                                     
                                      



GOOD FOOD!



Scraping off the 2nd layer of bark-- SO TEDIOUS!


Picking out the black specks in the bark-- Cold and tedious!


Beating the Bark




LET'S MAKE PAPER!!




The finished product!


A calligraphy lesson along the way...not too shabby...?



Indigo Dying

A certificate of completion-- I'm a master paper maker no I'm not.

Mt Koya-- The Great Stupa 


In the cemetery, checking my fate in the well-- if I don't see my face, I'll die in 2 years!


Nara-- Todai-ji Temple


Wild deer roam the city-- be careful around them! They'll do all those things for a cookie.


 In the gates at Fushimi-Inari

Kyoto-- Kiyomizu Temple

Kinkaku-ji (Golden Pavillion)



No comments:

Post a Comment