Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Chicago!

      I just got back from a long weekend in Chicago-- we were there for my cousin's wedding, and in-between wedding activities, we really packed a lot in! I liked Chicago a lot, and I definitely would love to go back!


First stop-- the bean!

We then took a boat tour and learned more about Chicago architecture. I learned quite a bit about it in art history, but it was cool to see them in person and get a more in depth back story from our awesome tour guide.

The fam on the boat

         
Next was the Art Institute of Chicago-- definitely one of the best museums I have been to in a long time. (Photo cred Alyssa Pry)

Some sketches that I did while in the museum

On Saturday, we went on a walking tour to see a neighborhood of Frank Lloyd Wright's houses that he built near his own home and studio. There was some serious house envy going on that morning. 

Stopped here for a Chicago Style 'Red Hot' which is their version of a hot dog. Hot dog, peppers, mustard, relish, and french fries. This place seemed like it was a Chicago institution considering the line was out the door when we got there!

 On Sunday, we had a beach day on Lake Michigan, with views of the skyline. The water was really cold, so only toes were dipped in!




This was a mosaic that was at the Garfield Park Conservatory, where the wedding reception was held. Needless to say, I think I'm pretty inspired by this. AMAZING. 


No comments:

Post a Comment